Spoonful of Sugar

Monday 11 April 2011

Food or figure?

Oh this is such a dilemma

I've just reached my "if you put on another half a lb missy, it's diet time" size

I've never been a dieter. Not till I was 30 and the post-2-babies weight just had to go because I couldn't take it anymore.

Now though? I guess with all the other hang ups that being a post-30, post-2 babies, chocolatier, surrounded by yummy mummies lady brings, it kind of matters. And I like me less when I'm wobbly. I move faster when I'm not. I'm bouncier. I feel perkier. And if I'm honest, a little bit smug.

There is only one real problemo with all this. I like food. Lots.
Don't get me wrong, I can make Weight Watchers far more interesting than many people who stick to the ready meals it sells. I wouldn't be writing a food blog if I couldn't. But it's not my ideal.
I truly believe in all things in moderation. Sometimes though I'm not very good at moderating myself. Why would you want to with all the fab things to eat in the world that have way more calories than they really should.
I can stick to a diet and lose the weight but then I want to indulge in the food and drink that I want, when I want it. Then the weight comes flooding back. The (low) levels of exercise I achieve at the moment are quite frankly, all I'm ever going to achieve. I have not a lot of time to spare and I'm damned if I'm going to fill it with something I don't enjoy!

What's a girl to do?

Oh. My tea last night? That might have something to do with it..

No comments:

Post a Comment