Spoonful of Sugar

Thursday 23 June 2011

Sticky Lemon Pork and Brown Rice Pilaff

Nom.
In a word.
I made this for tea tonight. YUM! I stuck it in the intellichef and it was really really good.
I was a bit stuck as to what to stick with it but fell back on an old fave that I discovered in my original weight watchers days.. not because it's that healthy as it stands, but it's really tasty.. Find it here

Then quite lamely I stuck peas with it at the last minute as I needed something vaguely green in there and only had broccoli in the fridge (that was green) which I wanted for the weekend.. can't win them all. Didn't distract from the loveliness that much ..

Fry off some onions gently in butter (oops - mushrooms sneaked in there again..), then stir in the rice, s&p and cinnamon

Add luverly slurpy homemade chicken stock full of goodness..

This is the pork thingy - Fry off pork which is coated in flour and paprika, add rosemary, garlic and bay, then wine. Boil for a minute, add lemon zest then simmer for an hour. Add lemon juice.
Rice - done. Baked in the oven for an hour till it's all delish.


Dinner. With peas. Ahem.

No comments:

Post a Comment