Spoonful of Sugar

Thursday 24 February 2011

Midweek meals

It's half term so my mum has been staying to help with the kids. Always a good excuse to try something new.
On Tuesday we had Paprika Pork - it was a lot hotter than I anticipated.. I've never found paprika to be that hot before but this smoked paprika really was! I must have been a bit generous. It was really tasty though

For dinner last night we had Bastichio. I'm (fairly reliably) informed that this should be Pastichio to be authentic, which is a greek pasta dish - a bit like a version of lasagne crossed with a moussaka. The Hairy Bikers Mums Know Best recipe that I used though said Bastichio, so that is what I made.
I didn't try it out on the kids but gave them the mince part mixed with penne for their tea and that went down well. We had ours with some garlic bread (that was lurking in the fridge needing using up) and a salad.
I really liked it and would definitely try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment