Spoonful of Sugar

Monday 24 January 2011

What's cooking?

This evening I made some brownies as a gift. Not sure if they're going to be a bit tooooooo squidgy yet. We'll see when they're cooler and I can cut them.
I also made Hummingbird Bakery Oat and Raisin cookies. Odd ones. They didn't do what I was expecting although I'm sure they're ok. I'll have to try them again some time.
For dinner we had leftover roast chicken to use up so I had a look on the BBCGoodFood website. Getting distracted for a moment, I LOVE this site. I get the magazine subscription as a b'day gift from  my Granny and have done for I don't know how many years. The website I visit every day though. Much as I love recipe books, this site is probably the main source of recipes for the food we eat in this house. 
Back to dinner. We had Tasty Chicken Noodles which was fab, and only 8 points on WW! Brilliant..
Stir fry peppers, mushrooms, spring onions and garlic

Add chicken, ground coriander, chilli powder, broccoli & peas

Add a mix of cornflour, fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar, allow to thicken, then mix in cooked noodles

Yum!
For pud I needed to use up a carton of low fat custard that we started yesterday. I had a quick look at the great little ideas site and decided on Baked Apple Custard. I threw in some slightly soft blueberries that were on the way out as well. It wasn't the best looking dessert ever... it certainly didn't brulee on the top even after a spell under the grill, and it was a bit curdled when you got into it, however, it tasted ok, so not a total fail!

1 comment:

  1. AAAAAAH, just gone to point up the cookies so I know whether I can eat them or not and realised I missed out a whole heap of dark brown sugar! D'oh! That would do it...

    ReplyDelete